Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ok, so the dust has settled and the Oscars are over. Wow, I was way off on my predictions. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't win anything either. I guess that's why I have a blog and not my own show on T.V. I'm just glad that "The Hurt Locker" won out over "Avatar" for best picture. It truly deserved it. "Avatar" took home a few technical awards which was fine. Although I was surprised that it took home the cinematography award? For a film that was mostly CGI, really?? It was also nice to see Kathryn Bigelow (the first woman) bring home the directing prize. Did you notice that they had Barbara Streisand give the award out? Do you think that the academy was projecting who might win? Outside of that though, I thought that this years Acadamy Award's program was one of the worst produced in a long time. Random shots of unknown people looking bored. Cameras swinging into position. Super close ups of award winners. It didn't feel like the Oscar's at all. I could go into more but I have to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment